Friday, July 27, 2012

Voodoo Voodoo

As I read the story from David Lane about his trip to the beach with his friends attempting to body surf and began to start chanting the words “Voodoo, Voodoo and two more waves; you know we need them and we need them today.” A memory came back to me when I was in Elementary probably 5th or 6th grade. I remember going to the back of our field at school and there would be some girls chanting "light as a feather stiff as a board". I was kind of confused to what it was they were doing and also why did they not want the teachers to see.

After school I went home with this question on my mind and thinking maybe I should ask one of them the next day at school. From the distances i can hear the same chant again, then I go in my living room to find my family watching the movie Witch Craft. That was the chant from the movie that these young girls were trying to do to see if they could lift someone in the air. Many of the girls continued on with it trying to get other people to join them, but I was not interested I did not believe that could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment